Thursday 27 March 2008

Princesses and Tiaras

The dress buying was surprisingly quick; I had heard stories of visits to several dress shops and then back again and then back again once more! Yuech. I am not the world's greatest shopper as I prefer to nip in, get a visual check on whether or not there is anything I like in thet particular shop and then I either step further inside and grab certain pieces or make a dash for the door. Wedding dress shopping seems to be a whole new scenario!

The first shop I went to with my mum, sister and niece was Cinders in Devizes, which was very traditionally run by Jan. We entered into what could only be described as an Aladdins Cave of pretty dresses and were promptly passed a pair of white gloves each. Wow! Jan prefered shoppers not to handle the dresses with their sticky paws and I actually do agree as I imagine they would get grubby fairly fast. She had a definite plan : I had to go round the room and pull out any dresses that caught my eye and then we would go from there. So I mooched around, pulled out what didn't seem like very many and then surveyed my selection. A definite theme of colours and ruching and the unusual. Oh well, this may be interesting. I spent three hours with Jan and my family trying on dresses and quite quickly you get used to the "Yucks", the "Ahhs", the "Hmmm not suressss", "Wowss"...you get my gist. I never thought I would get through them all and find something I liked but I did - three ones I liked actually. Not telling you any more than that though...never know if the beloved could be reading this!

No comments: