Wednesday 4 November 2009

Successful Cake Number Two!

These dark evenings may not be great for gardening but they sure are handy for practicing my baking skills...a blessed relief after all the home decorating!  After purchasing some lovely new 6" cake tins from a certain kitchen shop which has just opened in town, I decided to try it out on some work colleagues.  As it would be sampled at home as well I decided to go for my husband's favourite of coffee and walnut using proper espresso as opposed to instant coffee powder - yeuch!

Turned out well, in fact it turned out brilliantly and is probably the nicest coffee and walnut cake I have ever had and I'm not trying to be big headed.  Nice height, even size, gooey and moist but not under-cooked...yes indeed it is another sure fire WI winner!!  Obviously I won't be divulging the recipe in case I decide to make my fortune in cakes (if book writing doesn't pay the bills) but have a look at the pictures and be amazed. YUM.




No comments: