Wednesday 12 August 2009

Going Bananas in my Pyjamas!

I'm trying out the theory that bananas ripen other fruit by draping a manky old banana skin (kindly donated by someone at work - nice!) over my beautiful green Vanessa FI tomatoes...will it work? Who knows but at least I'm feeding the butterfly and insect population in the process even though my tomato plants will end up looking like a compost bin!!














This morning I was out in the garden in my pyjamas trying to convince the damn things to go red using the well-known 'you-WILL-ripen' staring technique. I find that this highly therapeutic technique is not only widely used throughout gardening circles but is often applied with slightly different end results in mind in the kitchen when waiting for the kettle to boil and in the rest of house when waiting for paint to dry.

1 comment:

Robin the Bobin said...

Looks like it is working!!