Wednesday 2 April 2008

Wedding Apathy

So I have two florists offering their services for the big day and I really haven't been bothered to getting round and sorting it. I have definitely reached wedding apathy - really right now, I don't care a jot about the big day itself and would really quite like it to be here. I'm not saying I don't enjoy thinking about it but planning it really is the most tedious thing I could possibly think to do with my spare time so much so that I can't be arsed to send the 'save the dates' and organise a florist. I'm determined to get more motivated this weekend and get those envelopes into the post box; now that Stan has agreed the basic guest list they can be posted and done with....oh the hassle!

I wonder if every bride goes through this stage? I suppose it doesn't help when you work as an Events Manager - kind of like being on a busman's holiday!!! I just can't get excited about colour schemes and flowers and what napkins to have and what favours to give out, blah, blah, blah. I really did go through a super excited phase when it had all just happened and there were magazines to look through, websites to waste my life browsing on, forums on which you could get fab ideas but more importantly see how not to do it, and so on. I can't believe that at one point I was quite happy paying £5 for a magazine which consisted almost solely of advertisements for wedding dresses, a few 'real life' i.e. got stacks of money weddings and other such tat. Basically we want it to be a fun, relaxed, informal, slightly traditional, meaningful celebration. We don't want to be obsessing about everything on the day and we certainly don't want it to be an uptight, military-like, formal chore.

I'm sure that I will get back into things and really I only have the following to sort:

Florist
Honeymoon
Transport
Bridesmaid Dresses
Menu & Drinkies
Favours - if we have them
Music
Invites
My Wedding Ring
Accommodation
Sunday Lunch the Next Day
Readings, Etc

Probably a few more things but its not much really is it?

So the plan for April is:

Send 'save the date' cards
Speak to vicar about various church-related items
Menu tasting - YUM
Decide on Florist
Confirm timings with String Quartet and pay deposit
Organise wedding insurance
Confirm that I can have three weeks leave from work
Me to start paying off some of Stan's wedding ring

Easy as Pie!

1 comment:

Robin the Bobin said...

My own comment on my blog is my incessant use of the word 'really'.

Really must stop that....